This is from Aetherworks Hobby Products in Australia, and was the second Aetherworks building I assembled: Two Storey Building (Vertical Planking)
Much of this review is the same as the other Aetherworks products: I'm sorry, but that's just how it is.
They are made from a heavier MDF than most companies, and arrive as several sheets of MDF shrink-wrapped together with copious instructions and conversion siggestions. The pieces pop out of their frames, wiuth no chance of brerakage in shipping.
They are well detailed and engineered, and assemble easily straight from the box. They come with detailed floors, which gives them great rigidity.
Doors are NOT open, and are harder to open than others given the heavier material used.
I followed my normal procedure for these kits: I first added window and door frames made from matchsticks. (The recessed window and door frames are appropriate, but I like the look of the added frames.)
I also added board detail to the back of the upper hoarding.
The inside walls were sprayed with white primer, and the side and rear outer walls with grey primer. The outer front I sprayed white as well.
I masked off the inner floor, and sprayed the floor edges, walkway and all trim parts with grey primer.
I measured from the wall bottom to the balcony. and marked that level on the inner walls. I then glued 3 supports on each side, made from the blocks pressed from the front windows. One block supports the other, and that block supports the floor.
Before assembly, I painted the front door and windows. and the upright trim pieces attached to the side walls. This is the fiddlyist bit of painting. I also painted the cornice pieces. Painting them first makes it easier to have a neat paint job.
All the grey wood was washed with black, and drybrushed with grey, a lighter grey, and a light tan. The balcony railing and supports were painted blue and weathered.
The four walls were glued together, and to the floor and walkway. When dry, the cornice was added.
At this point, I filled the locating peg holes. Once dried, I sanded them down, and touched up and weathered the spots.
I assembled the balcony and supports, and glued them to the building.
When assembling the railing, I added matchsticks along the outer edge, making a wider railing.
It is easier to do this before attaching it to the building. (I came back to do it, because I only got the idea when I did another balcony.)
Because I was too lazy to shingle this building, I just did a tarpaper roof. I added matchsticks along the scribed lines on the pieces, and added a ladder on the roof, copied from an old west original
I cut a second storey floor from Sintra, and added an eM-4 pawn as a handle for easy removal.
The sign is an Aetherworks etched sign, available separately.
I was going for a sun-dried, weathered-wood look, and I think it's a bit light in colour. But I'm used to wood in a colder, wetter climate.
Like all the Aetherworks buildings, a first-class product, beautifully presented: Beautiful colour instructions, suggestions for detailing, etc. Recommended.