I then assembled the walls and glued them to the floor.
The floor tabs required filling and re-scribing of wood/stone detail.
The stonework was painted in varying browns and greys - I wanted warm colours rather than grey stones. The walls were painted as weathered wood.
I had planned to use O Gauge model RR embossed plastic sheet shingles to finish the roof. The store that I ordered the sheets from took SO long that I got bored, and just made individual wooden shingles for the job.
I glued stacks of 10 coffee stirrers together at one end, then used a razor saw and mitre box to cut them into shingles.
Each shingle was then sanded with an emery board.
I glued the shingles to narrow strips of paper, and glued those strips along guide lines penciled onto the roof.
Use as little glue as you can, to prevent the roof warping. I did a bit at a time so that the whole roof wouldn't be damp all at once. PFW roofs come with a good set of internal bracing, and I'm sure that helped, too.
The jail is roofed with coffee stir sticks. I tried to use shingles, but the pitch is low enough that the shingles wound up sloping the wrong way.
It's a very nice kit, builds up well, and looks good when finished. The supplied floor is a nice touch, and gives it rigidity.