This kit is one of the original Arnica Real Estate kits, and as such, may no longer be available.
But they do have a NEW two-storey hotel, and it will be of equal quality and similar style.
Before I start, I must say: When building resin buildings of any sort, get a GOOD quality adhesive, whether you use cyano adhesive or epoxy. Dollar store products will not work well, and what should be a fun experience will be awful.
The kit came in 11 well-detailed resin pieces, free of bubbles and without warping. Aside from trimming the walkway to length, no sanding or trimming was needed.
The basic building consists of four walls and two roof pieces. The rest are walkway and porch pieces.
Before assembly, I marked the position for the second storey on the inside walls, and using the rear wall as a guide, marked where the roof peak would sit at the back of the front wall.
I then glued the four walls together, the side walls butted against the inside of the front & rear walls. (I used a square to ensure that the walls were.... square)
Once this was set, I used the shell to mark out two floors on a sheet of sintra. They were easily cut out with a craft knife. Although I didn't, it's easy to scribe board detail into the sintra.
I then glued supports for the upper floor inside the shell. (The lack of floor gives easier access.)
Next, the ground floor was glued in place. To raise it to door level, I added scrap sintra underneath. This floor adds strength and rigidty to the building.
Although the second storey just sits loosely on it's supports, it also adds rigidty to the building.
I glued an eM-4 gaming token to the centre of the floor as an easy-grip handle, making it easy to remove the floor for access without picking up the building and shaking it.
A roof support was added to the rear of the front wall where I had marked it earlier and allowed to set.
I taped the roof halves together with masking tape (on the outside) and put them in place.
When I was satisfied with the fit, I flowed glue between the halves, being sure to avoid the support and the rear wall.
Once that had set, I removed the roof, and glued the ends. I filled the gap between the halves with putty, and added bracing cut from sintra to the inside.
The front walkway needed to be cut to length, and the end detail cut into it with a craft knife. When glued in place, it was placed on a flat surface to set.
The balcony was assembled and allowed to set before being glued in place. It's beautifully done and detailed, and adds a lot to the look of the finished piece.
The side and rear steps are cut from sintra, with board and woodgrain detail crudely cut into them.
The 'HOTEL' sign was printed on my computer, and the framing (from matchsticks) was glued to it. When it was dry, it was cut from the sheet, and was like a little square drumhead. It was glued in place with dots of white glue at the corners.
When finished, it's a beautiful kit, and looks great. any lumpiness or flaws are solely the result of my painting: The cats have managed to get their hair INSIDE my paint bottles somehow.