| ||AN ONGOING NEWSLETTER||April 2006|
A while ago I
decided to make a terrain piece suitable for 28mm skirmish games.
I decided to make a fuel tank - it's useful for both modern and Near Future games. It's nothing fancy but it's easy to make and really useful on the table. Here's step-by-step guide to making it.
I built it on the cover of a CD case to keep the footprint small..
1. Make a base out of styrofoam blocks, glued down with PVA glue. Alow it to dry.
2. Glue a soda can and some pipes from a DIY shop into place.
3. Surround these with more styrofoam blocks to help keep them in place. Allow them to dry as well.
4. Paint the blocks with a mixture of PVA and water, and sprinkle with sand.
5. Repeat this 2-3 times, allowing the mix to dry between coats .
6. Spray the whole piece with black paint, and drybrush the piece with white, silver, brown and orange.
7. Add any transfers/decals to the tank before varnishing.
Also see A Fuel Tank for Combat Zone II